Friday, August 22, 2008

First Post, An Introduction

I've had a couple of other blogs here on the world wide internet, but honestly, when it comes down to it, I never really got it right. It was extremely open ended and ranty, or jaded and uninspired.
What I'm attempting to do here is be a bit more focused. What you'll find in this blog is the two most important things in life... punk rock and cheeseburgers. Well, these are the two most important things in my life at least.

disclaimer:
I have a very broad idea of what I consider punk rock. My musical development started in the late 80's and early 90's, which by punk rock standards makes me "old," but in the real world, age is entirely relative.
My top five favorite bands are Naked Raygun, Screeching Weasel, the Ramones, the Smiths and the Cure. Beyond that, the list would probably include Sonic Youth, the Queers, Black Flag, the Replacements (the authors of the song which named this blog), the Jesus and Mary Chain and countless other bands.

The music portion of this blog will consist of the following:
- Show reviews.
- Record reviews (I accept submissions for review and I'll post a PO Box later)
- MP3 downloads of out of print 7"s (most of which from the late 80's and 90's.)

I'm a burger enthusiast. Few things make me happier than a well prepared burger and living in Chicago, there are plenty of delicious burgers to talk about. I'll be writing about my favorites and not-so-favorites.
All burgers will be judged on the following:
- Juiciness
- Taste/quality of meat
- Preparation (accuracy and attention to detail falls into this category)

I like my burgers to be prepared medium rare, with cheese. Anything else, like bacon, onions, mushrooms are only taken in consideration on the first visit if a plain cheeseburger is not an option.
Specialty burgers receive reviews on following visits to burger establishments. Why? Because I honestly like plain ol' cheeseburgers. Obviously, there's exceptions to this rule, but generally speaking, I like my burgers to be meat and cheese with lettuce and tomato. Simple and to the point.

OK, so there you have it; a quick summation of my latest entry into the blogosphere.
Hope you enjoy!

No comments: